Small Mercies
Today I am truly grateful.
Grateful for life, for health
For family, for friends,
For encouragement, for wellness,
For work, for colleagues
For the thought that I have so many things to thank the good Lord for.
Often I have taken these for granted,
Listening to the news I know it could be worse
It is worse for so many.
I will therefore not compare my self
With those who seem to be doing so well
With those who seem to have it all
I know not their troubles
Whether they sleep at all at night.
But I am truly grateful
That I have a friend who thinks about me and sends a text
That when I get home my baby has a beautiful smile all for me
That when I am in the bus, I look out the window I see the sticker on another vehicle written
Unlimited Blessings, It's Gods business
That God reminds me that I am his business
And he is always with me.
I am thankful
For today, for yesterday
For tomorrow
For He holds tomorrow in his hands
I am work in progress
Though now I am not what I ought to be
He is not done with me yet
Molding, pruning though painful
I will be who he wants me to be
For in Him I move, I live and have my being
I thank God for small mercies.
Grateful for life, for health
For family, for friends,
For encouragement, for wellness,
For work, for colleagues
For the thought that I have so many things to thank the good Lord for.
Often I have taken these for granted,
Listening to the news I know it could be worse
It is worse for so many.
I will therefore not compare my self
With those who seem to be doing so well
With those who seem to have it all
I know not their troubles
Whether they sleep at all at night.
But I am truly grateful
That I have a friend who thinks about me and sends a text
That when I get home my baby has a beautiful smile all for me
That when I am in the bus, I look out the window I see the sticker on another vehicle written
Unlimited Blessings, It's Gods business
That God reminds me that I am his business
And he is always with me.
I am thankful
For today, for yesterday
For tomorrow
For He holds tomorrow in his hands
I am work in progress
Though now I am not what I ought to be
He is not done with me yet
Molding, pruning though painful
I will be who he wants me to be
For in Him I move, I live and have my being
I thank God for small mercies.
Comments
Post a Comment